Table of Contents
- What ails the globe?
- Ecologist Norman Myers shares his list of the Earth's top 10 environmental
problems, plus his solutions, thoughts and random notes.
- How to shop green
- Manufacturers and retailers have gotten the message that attaching
the label "green" or "environmental" sells products.
It's difficult to separate the valid from invalid claims. The Green Seal
program offers shoppers a simple solution.
Community Supported Agriculture
- Ever dream of spending time on a farm? Picking your own fresh produce?
Mayve you're interested in a year-round supply of field-fresh vegetables,
or in giving your kids the experience of visiting a farm. If any of these
sound good, becoming a member of a CSA may be for you.
- Horticulturally correct
- Every day, hundreds of thousands of dollars and millions of gallons
of water are wasted on plants that are inappropriate to our environment.
Biologist Mitch Beauchamp knows how to do something about it.
- Santa Margarita River: refuge in an urbanizing
- The Santa Margarita is one of the last free-flowing rivers in Southern
California - and it flows right through San Diego county.
Diet & Health
Confessions of a food facist
- One man's story of his conversion to vegetarianism, radical dietary
evangelism and eventual enlightenment. Sort of.
- Dining out Asian vegetarian-style
- Have you ever tried a meatless Asian meal? You don't have to sacrifice
taste, nutrition or variety if you know where to dine.
Good, clean food
- New organic farming standards promise to give us greater control
over the amount of pesticides we consume.
- Vegetarian Fast Facts
- Thirty-seven one liners about food, diet and agriculture