Table of Contents
- Fresh Start
- Yearning for balance
- When asked about personal values, individuals invariably express
less materialistic and more altruistic values for themselves than they
attribute to others.
- Popular and practical environmental education
- Increased demand has spawned a host of new educational opportunities
for new students and older workers looking for a career change.
- Hands-on environmental studies
- A new approach to environmental management
Special Focus: Organic Harvest Month
- A shopper's guide to pesticides in produce
- If you're not eating all organic produce, here are the items to
- An organic primer
- An answer to the question, "what is organic?"
- Organics: acting locally
- Local sales of organic produce are experiencing dramatic growth.
- A farmer speaks out
- Organic farming's strongest argument: it works, and pesticides don't.
- The newest farming machines under the sun
- East County farm moves to total self-sufficiency, including solar
- Where to buy organic in San Diego
- Farmers' markets, grocery stores, restaurants, CSAs and produce
- Happiness is organic
- City of Chula Vista adopts pollution prevention
- 8th annual Beach Cleanup Day on September
- Congressional support for federal pesticide
rollbacks and campaign contributions
- Pest control with a conscience
- San Diego Sustainability Network at work
- Strawbale construction and sustainable communities top the list
Observations from the Edge
- "K" is for Kitchen
- Our resident eco-radical demonstrates how we can turn our destructive
buying practices into a force for environmental sustainability.